*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sad news from Hilander


I have sad news . . . for weeks (maybe even a few months now) I have seen small signs at my Hilander that only coupons up to $0.50 will be doubled. So far, even my $0.55 coupons have doubled - until yesterday. When I asked why my $0.55 coupons did not double, I was told that only coupons up to $0.50 are doubled. I've also looked on their weekly ad, and the "double coupon" part of it is no longer on there.

The deals to be had out there are fewer and farther between as we're sure you have noticed by the lack of posts on our blog. Because of the lack of "great deals" like we were seeing just a year or two ago, we're re-thinking this blog to include a broader scope than just posting great deals. Thanks for your great patience as we try to figure this out!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Which one were you at? I was at the one in Cherry Valley just yesterday and they doubles my .55 coupons no problem. We are waiting for the Hilander register system to catch up with Kroger's though too - they no longer allow ecoupons and manufacturers coupons on the same item. Still a better option than Walmart!

Tara said...

Mine is still doubling to .55 but they will no longer accept manufacturers coupons with another stores logo (ie a man q printed from the Target website that has the target bullseye). No good reasons found out yet, still talking with corporate.

Search & Win