*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Friday, June 10, 2011

Freelance Friday - Re-purposing Baby Wipes and Food Containers

Now that I have a baby (who is already 3 months old - where does time go?), I'm finding that we go through LOTS of stuff. Diapers, wipes, clothes, formula, etc. And then in a few months it will be food jars / containers. Although I plan on making a lot of my own baby food (that's the plan - we'll see how that goes), I know I'll also be buying some store bought stuff for "emergency" use.

Anyway, all that to say that there is a lot of waste produced for such a little person. There are many ways to reduce the waste such as cloth diapers and wipes and making your own food. But there are also other ways: by re-purposing many of the containers these items come in! Here are some ingenious ways to use these containers we so often throw away!

Glass baby food jars (by Repurposeful)
Baby food containers (by Common Sense With Money)
Diaper boxes (by Positively Splendid)
These are SO cool - I so want to make these!

Baby wipe container (by a simple heart for home)
Be sure to read the comments too for more ideas!

What are some of your ideas for reusing these items? Share away! I need more ideas!!!

No comments:

Search & Win