*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A confession and a great deal!

I have a confession to make: I have not been a good penny-pincher these past few months. Ever since the earthquake in Haiti, our lives have been a little crazy. I feel like I've been at least 2 weeks behind on everything - including couponing! I have 3 weeks worth of coupons to clip, and I think I might have used 5 coupons these past 2.5 months! Eek!

As you might have noticed, that also has meant that I haven't been good at finding (and reporting on this blog) good deals that are going on! Thanks for your patience. I think that these next few weeks should be good for catching up on things (although I haven't even starting our income taxes - double eek!).

Having said that, I wanted to let you know about a GREAT deal going on at Mary Hunt's website. I've talked in the past about her great books on finances and penny-pinching. Well, they're having a "Garage Sale" here with many of her books for $1.99 plus shipping. I HIGHLY recommend the "Live Your Life for Half the Price." It normally retails for over $23, but since these are missing the dust jackets, they're only $1.99. Even with the estimated $3.77 shipping ($4.16 for 2 books), this beats Amazon's deal by almost $15!

No comments:

Search & Win