*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday Tip - Starting your garden

Do you have a garden? I do! I have what is called a raised, square foot, or compact garden. I did quite well with it 2 summers ago (as in, I remembered to water it and it grew like crazy). Last year, not so much - I had an infant and forgot to water it a lot. It still produced some good stuff like lettuce and herbs, but I wasn't happy with how much I "wasted" (went to seed or went bad).

 Garden in Summer 2010

This year I'm determined to do better. I think I'm going to have a little box garden for my now 1 year old daughter so she can go out and water the garden with mommy. We'll see how that fares!

This beautiful weather in the midwest definitely has me thinking gardening! Here are some tips on when to start some indoor planting and when to transplant your seedlings! Click on the picture and it will take you to a helpful site! Happy gardening!


No comments:

Search & Win