*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Friday, February 10, 2012

Freelance Friday - DIY Household Favorites

Here are a few of my favorite DIY products I have made recently and will continue to make:

Homemade Febreeze:
Spray bottle - 32 oz. (or re-use a Glade of Febreeze bottle)
1/8 c. fabric softener
2 T. baking soda
Hot tap water
**Mix ingredients in spray bottle and spray away! Remember to use coupons when you purchase your fabric softener. ;) I purchased Snuggle and the scent lasts longer than the Glade or Febreeze I used.

Doll hair detangle spray:
Wig brush (you can find this at Sally's Beauty Supply for around $4)
Small spray bottle
2 T. fabric softener
**Put fabric softener in spray bottle and fill with water. Spray on doll's hair and comb away. It works really well!

This next one I had been putting off because I am not a fan of foaming soap. It seems that we go through foaming soap faster than liquid; however, I am now a fan. It works great and it will still make your liquid soap go much further even if the foaming soap goes quicker. What I LOVE about this idea though is using it to make your kids bath soap go further. My kids love to scrub themselves but the bottles the soap comes in is not conducive to kids. They dump the whole bottle for one bath. I usually put their soap in a pump anyway but putting it in a foaming soap bottle has REALLY made a big difference!

Foaming Soap:
Empty foaming hand soap bottle
2 T. liquid soap
**Put soap in bottle and add water. Swirl it around to mix it up.
FYI - this does not dilute the soap to much. 99% of germs are killed just by using water!

No comments:

Search & Win