*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Friday, February 24, 2012

Freelance Friday - An organized fridge!


Once the new year stars I plan my spring cleaning schedule. This year for me it is actually very simple as we are renting a small apartment and most of our possessions are in storage. However, one project I never thought of actually organizing was the refrigerator. I clean it out once a week when I make my grocery list but never had a problem with keeping it neat.

The apartment refrigerator is smaller than the one we own and I was having difficulty finding what I needed. The shelves are deeper so things get lost in the back. To avoid wasting money and time I purchased some baskets from Five Below and now I can easily pull out the basket and see everything I have. I used 2 large baskets and 2 smaller baskets and that seems to be enough for me. We have 2 drawers in the bottom as well.

Check out this photo and blog post from goodbye, house. Hello, Home! of a beautiful refrigerator. She bought her baskets at Walmart and I LOVE that they have handles!

1 comment:

Anouk said...

Oh dear! I'm in trouble. They have very similar baskets here at the 99 cents store in CA where we are for a few more days. I bought 4 baskets figuring they'd be handy. Now that I see this fridge, I'm wondering how many more I could get and fit in our suitcases. I mean, $1 a piece! With handles?? Eek!

Search & Win