*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Monday, August 24, 2009

VERY quick trip to Walgreens

So I went to Walgreens on Harrison / Alpine to do the Glade Sense & Spray deal (will post about that later) . . . only to figure out, once I got home, that it was a CVS deal! No wonder I couldn't find it. Grrr! :) If I had had more time (had to come home and cook dinner) I would have stopped by CVS and found my deal!

Here's what I got at Walgreens - nothing spectacular, but I'm posting it in case these are items you are looking for!

Scotch Mailing Supplies Cutter (aka wrapping paper cutter) - $1.49
Used $1 coupon for Scotch Cutter product (8/9 RP)
Final Cost: $0.49
(I've always wanted to try these - heard great reviews. Have now tried it - it IS great!)

Scotch's 9"x12" mailing clasp envelopes (8 pk) - $1.99
Used $0.50 coupon for Scotch packaging supply product (7/26 RP)
Used coupon in Walgreens circular that brings price down to $0.79
Final Cost: $0.29

VoilĂ ! A trip to Walgreens for under a dollar. Quick tips:

- The super-duper cool cutters are on the bottom shelf in the clearance aisle (same aisle as toys). There are tons of them.

- The Scotch mailer special for $0.79 also applies to individual bubble mailers, in case you'd rather purchase those!

4 comments:

Robin Hayes said...

Anouk, Did you have any problems with this transaction? I tried it at the W at Perryville and Harrison, and it wouldn't accept my coupons for the envelopes. And they must be too new for the cutter to be on clearance yet, because it was full price. So that was last week. Today I tried at Harrison and Alpine and was able to get the items, but she had to get a manager, because the envelopes weren't ringing up correctly, and then it wouldn't take any of my coupons, so they just entered them with the MFG button on the register. Just curious. Thanks!

Kristie said...

Hi Robin! I didn't use the envelope coupon this week because I used it a few weeks ago already. However, the "manager" would not accept the cutter coupon becaue he said it was for the "new" model not the clearance model even though it stated ANY Scotch cutter product which that clearly qualifies. He told me if I wanted that product and to use my coupon he was going to charge me full price for the cutter.

Robin Hayes said...

Hmmm...I'm sorry that you didn't get to buy the cutter for $.49. I'm saving the one I bought for a Christmas stocking stuffer. We drew names for stockings this year with Chris' family, so I'm trying to gather stuff now for cheap that people can really use. I have a bunch of BOGOF coupons for toothbrushes (a stocking staple) that I need to use before they expire, and I need to conquer KMart this one last time before double coupons are done. I'm actually excited though - if it all works out to go EARLY in the week, maybe I can use my expiring coupons (8/31) that were out of stock last time around.

Kristie said...

If you run into the CVS on Alpine & Riverside soon, check the clearance for some greating stocking stuffers for Andrew! They have activity books for less than $1 regularly $3.99 and $5.99. I bought handy manny, diggers and excavators some sesame street. Lots of great ones! Yesterday they still had to big stacks.

Search & Win