*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Walgreens coupon book and a TIP!

Walgreens has a new coupon booklet that is orange and says Back-2-School Coupon Book Over $50 in savings inside.

These are great coupons because they are Walgreens coupons which means you can combine them with a manufacturer coupon.

For instance:
There is a coupon for $2 off Huggies wipes 64 count or higher.
The 80 count I picked up was $3.59 (yikes that's high)!
I used the $2 off coupon from the Walgreens Back-2-School booklet
I used a .75 off home mailer coupon (I know most people get these there were also .50 off coupons from a recent insert)
.84 for a tub of Huggies wipes! (These will probably go onsale sometime during the month the coupons are good through 8/29/09.)

Also, I actually was headed to the store for Children's Claritin. I am not big on giving medication for colds etc. but both kids have had terrible sneezing, runny nose fits every time we spend a day outdoors. Since we have done that the last three days they are tissue consuming little people.

Here's the tip:
Make sure you have a coupon and if you don't Swagbucks it!

I looked through my coupons and didn't have one for Claritin but had one for Zyrtec. I did a very quick Swagbucks search for Children's Claritin coupon and a $2 off coupon popped up.
When I went into Walgreen's I noticed the Back-2-School- coupon booklet and inside were 2 different coupons for Children's Claritin a $2 off and a $3 off! I picked out a bottle for $10.99 and used my $4 in coupons! I paid $8.61 for my Claritin and Huggies wipes and two highlighters!

No comments:

Search & Win