*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Preparing for next summer at Ulta

Ulta is not usually an inexpensive place to shop, but the one on State St here in Rockford, IL currently has 50% off the lowest clearanced prices (red tag only). There are a lot of things there from nail polish and makeup, to workout DVDs, to lotions, and all kinds of other things. Their clearance prices crack me up, but the extra 50% off coupled with one of their coupons (you can print one here for $5 off a $10 purchase), can get you some pretty good deals!

Here's what I got (black is clearance price, green is with the 50% off, red was my price after coupon:
Aveeno SPF 70 Sunblock Spray - $10.99 / $5.49 / $2.87
Water Babies SPF 55 Sunscreen stick - $5.99 / $2.99 / $1.56
Nivea Lip balm SPF 30 - $2.99 / $1.49 / $0.78
Ulta travel sized hairspray - $0.99 /$0.49 / $0.26

Total after coupon and with tax: $5.91

Now I didn't get anything "free" per say, but I needed sunscreen for next summer (and my husband can only stand the spray which is usually quite expensive) and some to carry in my purse. I desperately needed some lip balm too (yes, I know there were some available for free after rewards at Walgreens, but I didn't make it there) . . . so all in all, I'm pretty happy.

Note: Be sure to check the expiration dates! Some of the sunscreen/sunblock stuff expired at the end of this year, but the ones I got are good until 2012!

No comments:

Search & Win