*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another way to Make Money from Home

If you have a talent or hobby that you enjoy and would like a place to sell your handmade products, check out Etsy.com! Etsy.com is a great place to sell or find unique products that are all handmade. This site allows people to work from home and have a "storefront".

One feature I love about Etsy is that you can also search by area. If you want to support the Rockford area, search for sellers in Rockford and browse their shops. Who knows maybe they will even sell you the product directly with no shipping fees.

As you can see this site works both ways, if you are looking to work from home and make a little money set up a shop and list your items. If you are looking for specialty items and more specifically items made by Rockford artists, you can find that too.

Here are a few Etsy shops we recommend checking out:

Lil Boo and Co - Nicole has some great items listed in her shop. Her store has been open less than a year and is almost up to her 500th sale! Here are a couple pictures of my son using her famous Lil Scribblers. Right now she is having a 20% off sale on all Halloween products! I know Nicole personally and she is a fantastic mom of two cuties and is a great store owner.


Sara's Art - Sara has paintings, prints, cards and jewelery items for sale. My favorite painting is her A, B, C's which appears to be sold out but you can see the painting here. Anouk and I both know Sara from different paths in our lives! Sara is a very sweet, homeschooling mom of 3 adorable kids. Her store has been open about a year and a half with over 150 sales. My purchases from Sara include 3 adorable button rings.
and of course a local Rockford area shop:

Larkin Ring - Amy is a brand new store owner who lives in the Rockford area. She has some great unique items. I love the pink feather hair bow and her bead people are so cute! Amy is a busy stay at home mom of 3 sweeties - I aspire to be as creative and artistic as she is someday but maybe she can just help me every now and then add some flair to my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great promotion of Etsy - I'm a huge believer! Thank you so much for featuring my shop and the little lady bug crayons...they are so fun to create and I love seeing them in use by 'real' kids! :) Thank you Kristie!! :) By the way...I LOVE your blog...I'm going to have to visit often!

Search & Win