*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Great ideas for Advent

I'll send you over to MoneySavingMom for her great list of resources for Advent activities, Six Free Printables for Advent. It's a resource of 6 printable activities for advent plus a couple of other ideas.

I have to point out my favorite of the bunch though: The Prudent Pantry's Christmas Book Advent Calendar. I love this idea of wrapping 25 Christmas books to read to your children, then unwrapping one a day to read to them. At first I thought this was a little ambitious because I don't own 25 Christmas books (I think we may have 3) . . . but then she mentioned the library! Duh! She has a nice list to pick from. And I'm going to add my 2 cents and say that you can always "re-wrap" a book for later in the month (just have a fill in book for show so it looks nice, then swap it out after you open the repeated book the first time)  - children love repetition, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind hearing the same story twice in a month!


My second favorite is the Gum Advent Calendar - genius! Especially for kids a little older than my daughter (who is 9 months). I'm tucking this one away in the archives for when she's older. Growing up my mother always got me one of those chocolate calendars from the store. I loved those! It was so fun to "open" a treat every day of December as we counted down to Christmas.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Search & Win