*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wacky Wednesday - Funny kids through the decades

So I was able to find some cute funnies in my Parents magazine so I thought I'd share some of them here. Since this was from an anniversary issue, they gave some from different decades. Here are a few:

1927 - A mother was telling her kids about the Pilgrims. "Just think, dears, no houses, no schools or churches, and no stores. This is what the brave Pilgrims faced when they landed on Plymouth Rock." Little 5-year-old Priscilla said: "For goodness' sake, why didn't they go to the hotel?" (Mrs. G.L.C., Rhode Island)

1938 - Gayle Marie, not quite 4, was having some difficulty eating her salad. "Eat your salad so you'll grow to be a big girl," her daddy told her. She looked at her father, puzzled, and asked, "What are you eating it for, then, Daddy?" (Mrs. W.J.B., Missouri)

1953 - After Mary had a tonsillectomy, she was heard to remark, "Of the two times I've been in the hospital, I like being born best." (Mrs. H.B.S., Oklahoma)

. . . and my favorite:

1958 - At Sunday school, little Bobby was inspired by the story of Eve's creation from one of Adam's ribs. Later in the day, Bobby felt a pain in his side. "Oh, Mother," he cried. "I think I'm going to have a wife!" (Mrs. Bevan Shaw)

More to come next week!

No comments:

Search & Win