*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My shopping day

I went shopping this afternoon and I was pretty excited about my deals! So much so that I took a picture. I did the Hilander Mega Event (buy 10 particular items, get $5 off your total) and used a bunch of coupons. I was able to get 32 items for $28.30 (that's $0.88 an item).

Now you may wonder what I'm going to do with so many granola bars - well, we're going to eat them over the next few months! I am a "stockpiling" grocery shopper. That's why my picture looks full of things you wouldn't buy in a typical grocery shopping trip. I already have a bunch of chicken, ground beef, and pork in the freezer - meats I bought when they were on sale - so I don't need to buy any for a while. I shop the sales. The only things I have to buy not on sales (but they usually are anyway), are fresh fruits & vegetables and milk.

So here is what I got for $28.30:
2 - boxes of Frosted Mini Wheat Cereal
2 - bags of Doritos Nacho Cheese
2- tubs of Land O Lakes spreadable butter
2 - boxes of Toaster Strudel pastries
6 - boxes of assorted Granola bars
3 - bags of Armour meatballs
2 - boxes of Betty Crocker au gratin potatoes
1 - bottle of Purex
3 - bags of Sargento grated cheese
4 - boxes of Betty Crocker fruit snacks
1 - small pint of chocolate ice cream
2 - Nestle frozen cup of lemonade
2 - boxes of Kroger thin spaghetti (these were not part of the Mega deal, but were free after coupon - free with purchase of Armour frozen meatballs)

When we do our advanced coupon class, we'll talk about "stockpiling" grocery shopping. Just wanted to give you a taste of it!

Here is the picture!!!

1 comment:

Robin Hayes said...

Nice! Both you and Kristie got some great deals!

Search & Win