*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Target freebies and near freebies

I'm just starting to discover the "joys" of Target double couponing (using a MFG and a store coupon) - thanks Kristie for teaching me about it!

Went to Target today and got these 2 deals.

Pledge Multi-Surface spray - $3.29 ea. Use this $2/1 manufacturer printable coupon and this $1/1 Target printable coupon to get it for $0.29! (remember, you can print 2 of each)

GE energy Smart single lightbulbs (13W) - they are on sale for $1 this week. Print this $1/1 printable coupon and get it for free! (print 2!)

I got these at the State Street Target. Just so you know, the lightbulbs were in the wrong spot (to the right), much to my delight since the "right spot" was empty. When I left today, there were 3 lightbulbs left and LOTS of the Pledge.

I got 2 Pledges and 3 light bulbs: I only had coupons for 2 bulbs, but since $1 was such a good deal, I got an extra one. My total was $2.42, $0.64 for tax alone! They tax on the pre-coupon total.

Thanks Common Sense With Money!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Robin Hayes said...

I don't know what the deal is, but I often can't print two of the coupons - I hit the back button, but it won't do it - don't know if it has to do with firewalls, or settings, or what...Still learning and babystepping...

Anouk said...

Robin,

I've noticed with some of the coupon sites, that you can go back the "home page" (if it's one of those coupons that you have to check which ones you want out of a list), and print it again. Once you've printed 2, and you go back, it will read "print limit reached." So try that out if the back button doesn't work!

Robin Hayes said...

Thanks, Anouk!

I went to Target tonight and picked up 2 Pledge Any Surface Spray for $1.17. They were totally out of the light bulbs, as you indicated that they might be.

I also went to Hilander - they were still running their buy 10 qualifying items and get $5 off - Using coupons and deals the store was offering, I spent $23.91, and saved $29.21. Not as good as you and Kristie, but I was pretty pleased. I took a picture. I'll email it to you. :-)

Thanks, again!
Robin

Robin Hayes said...

Bummer - I just reread your post and forgot to look to the right, since you found them in the wrong spot. I'm going to try again tomorrow. We'll see!

Search & Win