*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Monday, July 20, 2009

An Easy Walgreens Deal.

Well, I have to say I really miss the EasySaver Catalog and how it was so easy to make your purchases and receive your rebates. EasySaver how we miss you!

I personally have been avoiding Walgreen's because of the new Register Reward System. I am not a fan for many reasons. However, this week they do have a great deal on the Pilot G2 Pens that my husband recently requested. If you purchase 1 - 2pk for $1 you get $1 RR. I wanted to devise a plan to make a purchase with little out of pocket and use the $1 RR immediately. Here are my two transactions:

Transaction #1:
1 - 2pk Pilot G2 pens
Total: $1.08 and Received $1 RR

Transaction #2:
3 - Scotch tapes - .39 each
1 - Mentos gum - $1.69
1 - 2pk Pilot G2 pens - $1
Total: $3.86
Used $1 off 3 Scotch Tape coupon from newspaper insert
Used $1 off Mentos gum coupon from newspaper insert
Used in add coupon for Mentos gum minus .70
Used $1 RR from Transaction #1
Total .35

Total paid after both Transactions: $1.43

Not having any RR that I need to use later: Priceless!

Make sure in Transaction #2 that you use the coupons in the order I listed them above, if you do the same Transaction. Always give your manufacturer coupons first, then Walgreen's in ad coupons then RR - there was no "beeping" of the computer when I did this transaction.

No comments:

Search & Win