*Saving you some money in the Rock River Valley*


Welcome to our blog! While a lot of our deals may be specific to the Rockford area, you'll find many deals that are also good nationwide! We hope that our blog will be fun, informative, and that it will help you SAVE SOME MONEY!

Read here about our "Coupon Ethics"

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

KMart trips - Anouk's

It says trips because I've made 3. The first trip was OK, the second was good, and the third was marvelous. At the risk of boring some of you, I will post the deals I found in Rockford. I will post trip #2 and #3 separate. From the get-go, I want to let you know that I hardly used any internet coupons, so I won't have many links to post. Most all of these coupons were from recent newspaper inserts.

My first trip was OK - for over $60 worth of stuff I spent $20 dollars, but that because it included a cool mop I've been wanting (full price $11 - gasp) and some things that I wanted to get even though they weren't free. For example:

New Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets - $5.99
$2 off coupon from recent insert
Final price: $1.99

Planters' mixed nuts and deluxe mixed nuts - 2/$6.00 (normally between $5-7 each: who would ever pay that!)
$1.50/2 off coupon from recent insert
Final price: $3.00 for 2 cans

Rubbermaid Mixer Mate bottle - $2.99 (needed one of these for my frozen concentrate juices I make - ended buying another one, I liked it so much . . . plus had another coupon! :)
$1.00 off Rubbermaid drink container coupon from recent insert
Final price: $0.99

Neosporin - $4.29
$1.00 off coupon from recent insert
Final price: $2.29

So anyway, these things above were things I really wanted to get anyway, so was willing to not get for free :)

Here are some other deals:

Gillette body wash - $4.45 (not all are at this price, so double-check)
$1.00 off coupon from recent insert
$2.00 off coupon from tearpad attached to the shelf (KMart coupon, does not get doubled)
Final price: $0.45

Starbucks Frappuccino - $2
$1.00 off coupon from recent insert
FREE

So I won't bore you with the rest . . . but I will post, as per Kristie's request, my two trips from today which were better than this one! I even have pictures! :)

Good news: I overheard that KMart gets their truckload of stuff tomorrow - so I would wait until tomorrow afternoon or Friday when the shelves should be restocked with some of the stuff that got "wiped out" by double-couponers like us! :) Or maybe call to find out when everything will be up on their shelves.

No comments:

Search & Win